CommuniBee Release Notes: November 2019
Happy November! The CommuniBee app and admin dashboared were recently updated, and we’re eager to talk about them. This post provides a quick case study on events, and covers some new features and bug fixes.
Case Study – Event Admissions
We continue to listen to feedback and add features to help make CommuniBee even more useful, and the community admin’s lives easier!
1. Product Bundles
- A coupon book of 10 different coupons to promote local businesses
- A mixed bundle that includes a membership, an introductory yoga visit and some gift cards.
- A bundle of 10 drop-in yoga visits that can be redeemed once per visit.
Look for the new side menu item in the dashboard called Bundles to start creating your bundles!
That last case above segues nicely into our next new feature…
2. Redeemable Products & Tickets
Products can now be marked as redeemable, like a single use coupon or gift card. Event admissions are automatically created as redeemable. A few use cases could be:
- Someone purchases 4 tickets to a New Year’s party and the parents show up first, they open the app and tap two to redeem two admissions. The children show up later, and through their linked accounts can redeem the remaining two tickets.
- A bundle of coupons might include persistent discounts like ‘receive 10% off all purchases’, but there might also be a $20 gift certificate. You don’t want people using the latter over and over again, so now the vendor can ensure that the user taps ‘Redeem’ to use up the coupon.
The latest release includes various bug fixes, including:
- Product purchases requiring profile updates do not return errors
- News item text is not centered anymore
- Event times showing in the app have been corrected
- Forums now display correct dates and number of replies
That’s all from us! if you have any questions or suggestions, send us an email at email@example.com.
-The CommuniBee Team